Tuesday, June 15, 2010

6/15/2010

Today after lunch I went to a speech and debate club. This was the 1st class I had been to and I learned and reviewed many things about proper speech and debating. I found out many ways to help my enunciation, such as saying the word "watermelon" between every word in a sentence to help exercise your mouth. Another thing that helped was learning about how to present your topic to others. And, although I feel a little out of place with most people much younger than me, I feel that I will have a good time throughout this week.
Afterwards, on the FIFA world cup today afternoon, I watched Portugal and the Ivory Coast battled fiercely to advance and face Brazil who beat North Korea 2-1. Both sides try to get an advantage, but the teams are in a deadlock 0-0. It seems that there is no key forward players that can make a goal. From up above, it looks like just another on of those soccer video games. Soccer seems like it is much easier to defend than to score on both TV and in real life. Its strange that we recently got cable rather than our old satellite TV. Compared to before, we have over 800 more channels! I wonder if it's possible for anyone to watch all the shows.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I'm glad that you're blogging even past our homework! That shows initiative and is a valuable trait!

    ReplyDelete